Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How to divide a column of numbers by a single number giving answers in a column?

Lets say I have a column A of numbers 1 to 10, and I want to divide it each number by another fixed number located in another cell say X2, such that the answers are obtained in the form of another column. the problem arises when I implement the simple division formula on the first number A1 and copy it to the rest of the 9 numbers, the excel updates the formula by updating the location of that fixed number at X2 to X3 and so on. and the formula gets messed up giving error. Please someone help.How to divide a column of numbers by a single number giving answers in a column?
If you put a $ in front of both the number and letter of the cell which you do not want to change in the formula then it will copy without changing.





e.g. =B2/$D$4How to divide a column of numbers by a single number giving answers in a column?
No problem but I'm sorry I don't know any way of flipping a column. I'm not sure it's possible. Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment