Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Why do people take those little numbers on the scale so seriously?

It's just weight. Why does two pounds matter so much? People go crazy over a few numbers. Why?Why do people take those little numbers on the scale so seriously?
ALL IN THE MEDIA THAT IS THROWN AT US EACH AND EVERY DAY FROM TV TO AIR BRUSHED MAGSWhy do people take those little numbers on the scale so seriously?
Well, for some people, those little numbers add up to big trouble. Someone who watches their weight and monitors it at least once a week has a better chance of keeping the excess weight off.





For myself, I have found that weighing every day allows me to see if there is an uptick...I don't freak out at all, as I know that water retention can add a few pounds one side or the other of my actual weight...but if I were to weight only once a month or less, my weight would vary more.





It is far easier to cut back gradually on food intake, or stop eating bad foods, when the weight is a smaller issue. If one waits until the scales show a 20-pound gain, instead of a 5-pound gain, it is harder to wrap the mind around, to form an action plan and to psych oneself up to do something about it!
im trying to gain weight to if i gain .5lbs for that week i know i needa up my cals more but that's just for how i should eat reference other wise i look at my body composition if i like how i look weight dont matter..but i wanna get bigger soo that's why for me anyways
I Pay attention to measurements rather than the scale. However, i need to be under 210 for my measurements to be okay to enlist in the Air Force.
They are either too big, or too small
  • myspace.com social network
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment