Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do you edit automatic page numbers in Word 2007?

I've been having trouble creating page numbers in my research paper. I managed to remove the automatic numbering from my title page by starting page count at zero, but can't seem to make it end on my bibliography on page nine.





(The worst part of it is if this were Word 2003 or earlier I'd know exactly what to do. Curse you, new ';improved'; interface!)How do you edit automatic page numbers in Word 2007?
If you would have cured the problem by making a new section at the bibliography, here's how to do that in Word 2007:





1. Click the Page Layout tab on the Ribbon.


2. Click the Section Break icon in the Page Setup group.





And disconnecting the header for that section is even easier:





1. Double-click in the header to turn on the Design tab on the Ribbon.


2. Deselect the Link To Previous button in the Navigation group.





You should be able to handle it from there.





Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment