Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Would I lose all my phone numbers when I replace my battery and put in the Micro SD?

My dad is going to buy a Micro SD to increase the memory on my Motorola Razr v3m phone. But if I take off the battery, would I lose all my contacts?Would I lose all my phone numbers when I replace my battery and put in the Micro SD?
No, it's usually stored on the sim card, but even if it is on the phone, it won't lose any data, it is the same as turning it off/taking the battery out, a Micro SD flash card won't affect anything.Would I lose all my phone numbers when I replace my battery and put in the Micro SD?
WELL





Since the V3m doesnt use a sim card I doubt any of her contacts would be stored on there.





To answer your question though, Almost any phones made in the last 5 years save the phone numbers directly to the phone memory, and this is not effected by taking out or replacing the battery. Its just like a laptop, if you turn it off or take the battery out it doesnt forget any settings you changed or any files you saved.





I have heard of rare occasions where this has happened on defective phones, but like I said its very rare and shouldn't be an issue. If you really worried about it, Sprint has a backup assistant program you can download that will save your contacts in an online database for you. It comes in handy if your switching phones, you wouldn't have to type in all your numbers again.
no the only way u lose contacts is if u do a master reset of ur phone

No comments:

Post a Comment