Saturday, December 26, 2009

How will you dial VOIP numbers from your normal phone while using an ATA?

I'm planning to buy an ATA(Analogue Telephone Adaptor) for usin with my VOIP provider.But I would like to know how I can dial VOIP numbers like myname@sip.voiparound.com using the analogue phone. Thank you.How will you dial VOIP numbers from your normal phone while using an ATA?
VoIP adapters like my Linksys SPA2102-NA do not seem to support SIP URI dialing. It supports IP dialing but not URI dialing such as yourname@yourprovider.com.





My SIP provider, CallCentric, does support SIP URI dialing through their network. I tested it with their Speed Dial feauture and successfully dialed my URI number at InPhonex. But, for it to work, I have to use their online Speed Dial feature through my web based Dashboard on CallCentric website.





But, my Linksys SPA2102-NA will not successfully send SIP URI's through their service. I consulted with CallCentric support on this and they concluded the ATA does not actually support URI dialing.





The Linksys SPA2102-NA is a very good ATA and I like it quite well. However, it doesn't seem to support URI dialing. As yet, I don't know which ATA's will successfully support URI dialing.How will you dial VOIP numbers from your normal phone while using an ATA?
Why do you need to dial ';myname@sip.voiparound.com'; like that?





Won't you get a virtual phone number like the usual 10 digits in voiparound?

No comments:

Post a Comment