Saturday, December 26, 2009

How can I improve my power numbers?

I bat 6th in my line-up, and hit .444. All of those hits have been doubles or singles however. How can I increase my power numbers and hit more balls to the fence. I need actual training and ideas, and preferably from coaches. I play right and left field at the JV level and I am a freshman. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. I use a Demarini Vexxum bat that has been owned and used by me for three years. Again any advice and coaching would be gratefully appreciated.How can I improve my power numbers?
It sounds like you are doing very well and don't need to change much. 444 is a great average andany team would be happy with that. Home runs are not the only way to be productive, and you can find many other ways to help your team.





Your bat may be getting a little old as well. Most bats lose pop after 2-3 years, so if you can afford it, maybe buy a new bat. That is not a big problem though.





If you really want to increase power, I suggest doing core exercises and following a lifting routine that mainly works upper legs and torso. Most of your power should come from your trunk (abs, hips, etc.) so make sure to not only swing with your arms, but rotate your hips as well.How can I improve my power numbers?
Don't change a thing. Some players are power hitters and some are pure hitters. Most power hitters don't hit for the greatest average. Be the player who gets on base, does not strike out, and hits for a high average. Those are the players that opposing teams do not want coming up in clutch situations.
well your at the jv level and your a freshmen.. ur doing great man.. if u want to increase your power should start doing pull ups ... pushups and lift lite wieghts to increase your muscles.. also do alot alot of running.. cause if u notice your power comes from your legs.. so work on your legs and ull be great.. also a demarini bat is lik a bat with steroids which is pretty good.. {extra adivce}also if u want to work on contact .. u can have some one pithc u seeds or small objects forcing u to make contact and it will improve your contact and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment